25 Mar Ficfest 2018, fiction trade show comes to FIBES in May
FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre is a leading venue in Spain and the primary centre for events in Seville of all sizes and industries. In just over five weeks, FIBES prepares to host the first edition of Ficfest, a brand new trade fair in Spain dedicated to the world of fiction and entertainment. Read on for more information on the newest MICE event to take place in the Andalusian capital.
About Ficfest 2018
Unique in its genre, Ficfest is the largest festival for fiction and entertainment in Andalusia, and aims to become a leading event in its genre in Spain. Its first edition will be held at FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre from 4th until 6th May 2018. Counting over 7.000 m2 of exhibitor space, Ficfest will unite fans and industry alike with three days of videogame competitions, cosplay, exhibitions, and workshops. Ficfest is a family-friendly event with a great number of activities intended specifically for children as well as all-age workshops. Fore more information on the event, visit Ficfest’s official website and follow the trade show on Facebook and on Twitter.
Activities and Exhibitions
Visitors are in for a treat at this inaugural edition of Ficfest. The three day trade show boasts a diverse range of activities for all ages, including (but not limited to):
- Fiction spaces: a number of photobooths will be spread across the event for visitors to recreate scenes and poses from their favourite television shows and movies: Doctor Who, The Shining, Stranger Things, Harry Potter, The Walking Dead, and many more.
- Friend League: the opportunity for you to meet like-minded people during the event or to bond even more with your current friends. Various areas will be dedicated to socialising at the event, including a Fast Dates area for “speed dating for friends” and a Vegas-style Wedding Chapel to immortalise your bond at the event (all for laughs, of course!).
- Battle Zone: fans of cosplay will be able to recreate the most epic battles of their favourite movies. Choose your weapons and armour, practice your fights moves, rally your band of warriors, and leave the event with new skills under your belt.
- LAN gaming zone: compete against your peers or in single-player mode in one of many video games such as the classic game of Goldeneye or Star Wars Empire at War.
- Exhibitions and workshops: meet industry professionals and learn all about their areas of expertise – hair stylists, voiceover artists, stunt doubles, makeup artists, and more will be at Ficfest.
Tickets and Information
Tickets are already on sale to the general public at bestwaygroup.es. Prices start at 6.50 € for Friday day tickets and 7.50 € for Saturday and Sunday tickets, and three-day passes are available for 16 €. Tickets include access to the event and to all the activities held during the course of Ficfest 2018. Discounts and special pricing are also available – for more information please consult the Ficfest website.
Door opening times are:
- Wednesday 4th May: 2pm to 9pm
- Thursday 5th May: 10am to 9pm
- Friday 6th May: 10am to 8pm
There are several ways to get to Ficfest 2018:
- TUSSAM bus service lines 27 and B4 stop outside FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre
- RENFE trains stop at FIBES from both Santa Justa and San Bernardo stations – you can get up to 30% on your national train ticket at this link
- Airport access through Seville’s international airport San Pablo, a 10mins taxi ride to the venue
Food and drinks will be provided in the large catering area provided by FIBES all three days of the event.