14 Feb Expobelleza Andalucía 2018 welcomes over 24,000 visitors
Expobelleza Andalucía 2018 closed its doors for the eighth year in a row at FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre this weekend. This year, over 24,000 visitors attended the event, making it one of the most prominent trade shows in Spain for the world of Beauty, Health and Wellbeing.
The event ran from Saturday 10th February until Monday 12th February and was held in FIBES’ pavilions I and II to cater for the exceptionally large numbers of visitors, which exceeded organisers’ expectations. Both the professional sector and the general public were able to attend Expobelleza 2018 and discover and test the latest products and treatments related to the world of beauty, aesthetics, nutrition, spa, hairdressing, manicure, fitness, and more. Delegates from the professional sector included manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, import/export specialists, specialised press and media, etc.
Counting over 7,200 m2 of exhibition area in FIBES II hall plus (a novelty this year) a design runway in FIBES I, this year’s edition of Expobelleza Andalucía really treated visitors to a wonderful experience in which they could participate in a number of activities. A special mention must be made of the many excellent makeup and hairdressing displays showcased by both professionals exhibiting at the event and by the training schools and academies that took the event’s runway by storm.
Expobelleza Andalucía celebrates the 4th edition of the PICASSO Awards
Another yearly event in Seville returned to FIBES during Expobelleza: the final gala of the PICASSO Awards (Premios Picasso), sponsored by WELLA and organised by FIBES and the AEPSP (Asociación de Empresarios de Peluquería de Sevilla y Provincia). During the event, held on Saturday 10th February, 10 finalists presented their collections to jury and visitors alike. A collection was crowned winner of 2018 in each of the categories presented for the event.
Other activities held at Expobelleza 2018
Here are some of the other events and activities that were held at Expobelleza 2018:
- FIBES and Look Art Studio jointly presented the 4th Campeonato de Maquillaje Expobelleza Andalucía 2018 (Makeup Championship) with three main categories: Beauty, Editorial Fashion, and Characterisation.
- Menchu Benítez offered two wedding makeup masterclasses.
- The Asociación de Peluqueros/as e Imagen de la Provincia de Sevilla put on a runway show and a public discussion on “Hairdressers of today and yesterday”.
- FENACO, the Naturopathic College Organisation, held talks and workshops and held a stand in the main exhibitor hall.
- Stranzza Professional hosted the championship The Battle Show 4, and Las Barberas de Sevilla hosted the Gran Show
- Gallar2, in collaboration with The Barber’s Club and sponsored by SkullMen by K89, organised a seminar “Collection FUTUREWISE”, a course on male hairdressing with the prestigious international brand Tony & Guy
- Isaac Lyonell demonstrated a Barbershop Show
Sponsors of Expobelleza Andalucía
Expobelleza Andalucía 2018 was sponsored by the PICASSO Awards, the AEPSP, and Acquajet, and had the collaboration of the Asociación de Peluqueros/as e Imagen de la Provincia de Sevilla, FENACO, ANEPE, FANAE, Look Art Studio, AC Hoteles and media sponsors Peluquerías Hair Style, C&C Magazine, Planet Look.com, and Guía Planet Look.
FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre is a leading venue in Spain for all types of MICE events and shows. For more information on this year’s edition or past editions of Expobelleza Andalucía, or to find out what FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre is able to provide to host your conference in Spain or congress in Spain, please contact Raquel Martínez Arija from the venue’s press office at 954 47 87 48.