27 Feb Andalucía Digital Week 2018
FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre is set to host Andalucía Digital Week 2018 (ADW) from 12th to 14th March. ADW is the largest annual event in Andalucía for digital media and technologies and a prominent digital conference in Spain. Created as a platform to discuss the latest trends and shifts in the digital world, this year’s edition follows in the footsteps of past editions and proposes a series of panels and presentations that focus on a number of branches of the current digital landscape.
About Andalucía Digital Week 2018
Andalucía Digital Week has become a staple annual event in Seville and a meeting point for companies, institutions, and the general public to exchange thoughts on the current climate of Digital Transformation and the digitalisation of our economy and society. Actors of this digital transformation will discuss the ways in which technologies open up new business models that generate new wealth, employment, sustainability, and methods for governance.
AWD 2018’s Objectives
Organised by ETICOM (agent for Andalucía’s Digital Economy) in partnership with FIBES, AWD 2018 returns to Seville with the following objectives in mind:
- Help businesses, SMEs, and self-employed individuals make the most of the benefits of the new business models presented by the current digital economy, and increase their competitivity on a national and on an international scale.
- Contribute to the transformation of the society through the use of digital solutions that improve the quality of life of all.
- Help educate people on the new technologies available and give access to those technologies for the development of their businesses.
AWD 2018’s Target public
Andalucía Digital Week 2018 is directed at three primary categories of visitors:
- Businesses: with high, medium, and also low levels of digitisation in their business models.
- Individuals: professionals, students, and unemployed wishing to explore the opportunities of the digital economy.
- Administration and Institutions: providing a climate of change and of digital transformation in society through education and through general improvements to the quality of life of its citizens.
Programme and Speakers
The digital conference proposes to discuss three main themes, one for each day that the event will run.
On Monday 12th, all presentations will be focused on our Digital Society with a total of 25 panel discussions, round table sessions, and conference lectures on such topics as AI, consumer patterns in a digital world, digitisation in healthcare, etc.
The theme for Tuesday 13th will be our Digital Economy with 18 panel discussions, round table sessions, and presentations on blockchain technology, robotics, digital technologies in agriculture and rural areas, Big Data, and more.
AWD 2018 will close off on Wednesday 14th with 12 sessions on Cyber-security, Employability, and Digital Education. Delegates are invited to attend a final talk at the end of the day presenting AWD 2019.
Speakers include Dirk Pilat of OCDE, Isidro Laso and Lorena Boix of the European Commission, Andrés L. Martínez Ortiz of Google, Patricia Urbez of Fujitsu, Hugo Zaragoza of Amazon Barcelona, Mariano Silvyera of Cabify, Alejandro Ramos of Telefónica, etc. For more information on the panels and talks of Andalucía Digital Week 2018, you can find the full programme on the AWD website.
For more information on the digital conference Andalucía Digital Week or to buy tickets to the event, visit the event’s website at www.andaluciadigitalweek.com. FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre is your venue in Spain for all types of MICE events including conferences, congresses, and trade shows in Spain. For more information on the venue, contact us.